I love to write about autumn with its cool weather and colorful leaves, sitting on the porch with a morning cup of coffee, saying to myself Come along, winter Im ready for you. I love long walks through the woods, as falling leaves brush against me on their way to the ground, and the sound of squirrels gathering nuts to sustain them during the cold months of winter.
I love the smells of the woods in autumn that you have to smell to understand, and how the breeze blows through the trees, carrying crimson leaves floating downward to their final resting place and leaving behind naked branches to sway in cold winter winds.
I love my autumn walks as the quiet embraces me, a welcome change from the summer noise echoing through the trees as city folks claim their picnic tables and children's voices carry as they play hide-and-seek among the mighty trees. Soon the cold will arrive, and city folks will head back to their lives, as will I, taking one last walk on autumn leaves bidding me goodbye as the last leaf slowly drifts downward and brushes my face like a lover's last kiss.
I love my autumn walks as the quiet embraces me, a welcome change from the summer noise echoing through the trees as city folks claim their picnic tables and children's voices carry as they play hide-and-seek among the mighty trees. Soon the cold will arrive, and city folks will head back to their lives, as will I, taking one last walk on autumn leaves bidding me goodbye as the last leaf slowly drifts downward and brushes my face like a lover's last kiss.

No comments:
Post a Comment