Monday, August 31, 2026

A thousand stories

 I have reached back into my memory bank well over a thousand times. One thousand two hundred times, to be exact. Each very short story is a partnership of fact and fiction blended together to create something that some may find hits pretty close to home. That is my intent.

Some have said I need more spice in my writing, and my reply is that I want readers of all ages to enjoy my stories without being rated for mature audiences. There's plenty of that on the social media platforms, but not mine.

I'm a Boomer, born in the fabulous fifties; therefore, my stories often reflect life as it played out in my memories during those iconic times. I believe that everybody has memories that flash by, then fly away, never to be remembered again, so I try to capture them in story form, adding some bits of fiction to make things interesting. Each story is accompanied by a picture that I feel complements it.

My stories are only a few paragraphs long, hence the name Very Short Stories. Read a few on your lunch break or in the back seat of an Uber. Go back to times when life was less complicated but oh so interesting. Holding hands with your high school sweetheart, walking down a country road, kicking a can.Dancing at a school dance or making snow angels after the first snowfall of the year. There are stories about the seasons, holidays, and children's adventures. Your first car, first kiss, and of course your first love.

Very short stories aren't one story; they're thousands of stories, all unique in their own ways. I invite you to take a minute or two and visit my blog at mikeoconnorauthor.blogspot.com, then drop me a comment if you'd be so kind, as your opinions matter, good or bad. I'll see you between the covers. Book covers, that is.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment